Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Smiley

I cannot stop smiling today. I'm sure Dave thinks I am a geek - I keep calling him to tell him how happy I am. I got an e-mail from Karin (our adoption coordinator) telling us that she received all of our paperwork that she needed in order to schedule the home study. She is sending it on to our social worker today - the social worker will take a week to review it, then call us to set up a time to do our home study. We even got our first invoice from Hand in Hand (the adoption agency) - this invoice is to pay for the home study, and even that made me smile and giggle!!

It is feeling so much more real this week. We have almost finished the paperwork, and what we have left is easy-peasy paperwork. It looks like we won't be too far off from sending in our dossier right after my birthday in July - which was our goal date. Yay!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys. We are down in omaha with the Porter family - its adoption central here. I can't wait to put a name and a face with YOUR beautiful child. I know God will handpick him/her/them :) We love you!

Aaron and Nikki

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You'll be parents in no time!

Anonymous said...

Love the update pics and you know that we are praying for your children who will be coming to a great, loving home!!

Love,
mom