Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork...

When I talked with people who have adopted, I remember them telling me that they had to get SO MUCH paperwork together for their dossier. I am now realizing what they were talking about!! It can get overwhelming looking at the list of what is still needed before we can schedule our home study.

We have to see a Psychologist and have an MMPI done for each of us - which we've heard is not much fun. We both have to see a doctor for a physical and get our medical history - for Dave this is going to be a bit of a chore. We both have to write an autobiography about ourselves as well. There are many other things to finish up as well, but I guess those are the ones that we are not really looking forward to doing.

For now I have had fun getting the other paperwork put together. Each night this week I have worked on a different piece of paperwork that we need. Karin (our adoption counselor) is a lady after my own heart - she made a checklist with very detailed instructions for each piece of paperwork we need to get together. I've had so much fun crossing these off of my list :)

We're thinking of trying to put a vacation to the Philippines together before we actually go over for the adoption (since that's still a couple of years away). We would love to be able to go and sightsee, and buy some souvenirs to decorate our house. Plus, it would be a great vacation!! We have some great friends who live over there, and my aunt and uncle may be going back over there this summer as well. It would be great to see all of them, as we won't have much time to do that during the adoption trip. The fares we have found so far have been super expensive, so it's all a matter of finding inexpensive tickets. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be!!

Rachel

No comments: