Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Can't wait for life to change...

Nothing new to report on the adoption front. We are still waiting to get approved by the Philippines to adopt. We'll hopefully hear new on that front in the next month or two. In the meantime we are staying busy busy busy, and trying not to dwell on the waiting.

I've been assessing how crazy busy we are right now, and I can't wait until we have kids. Our life is going to change completely, and I can't wait. Between vacations and work trips, Dave and I will be home for 12 of the next 30 days. ugh. Most of those 12 nights are filled with our new sign language class (every Monday night for the next year), church meetings and dinner with friends. I know all of this will be fun, but I miss our house sometimes too! I can't wait until we have good reason to just stay home with our kids, and bond and be a family.

Things I'm excited for:
- a loud house filled with the sounds of children
- cuddling as a family
- being home more as a family
- watching our children grow in leaps and bounds
- hugging and kissing our children
- embarassing our kids as they become teenagers by kissing Dave in front of them, and dressing like a dorky mom
- watching my fave kids movies from when I was little, and finding new goodies
- cooking together at home
- sleep deprivation
- hugging and kissing our children
- toys to clean up each night
- teaching our kids sign language and a bit of Tagalog
- being busy with the things in life THAT MATTER
- listening to our children talking
- singing and praying with our children before they go to bed
- hugging and kissing our children
- so many more things, I just can't wait!!!!!!!!

Hanging out with Grandma Alice at her new apartment

No comments: