Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Married for 5 years!!!!!

On Friday, September 14, Dave and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. Wow!! I can't believe that it has been 5 years, but it makes us feel so good. To celebrate our anniversary, we decided to roadtrip out to South Dakota for a nice vacation. Here is a picture of us celebrating on our wedding night at a delicious restaurant where we chowed down on yummy steak.


We hit all the stops we could think of, and here are the pics to prove it...



Dave posing in front of the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD



I can't tell if I'm trying to kiss this guy or say, "Looooooook, it's ye olde gold miner!!"



Dave and I posing in a carriage in the 1880's town



A little shout-out to Okoboji, IA while standing in the Badlands



Okay, so the Flintstones village was closed, but Dave was always jealous that Joel and Michelle got to see it, so he posed by the sign. Next time, Davey, I promise we'll see Fred and Barney and Dino and all their friends.



Devil's Tower, Wyoming - the legend on this one from the North American Indians is that a bear was chasing some children, and the rock told them to climb onto it and it raised up to the sky. The bear clawed the rock to try and get to the children and left these huge gashes down the rock. Really, it's lava rock - but I thought it was a cool story!!

The newest addition to Mt Rushmore...

Really excited to be from Minnesota, I guess

The Crazy Horse model in front of the actual Crazy Horse statue (off in the distance, kind of hard to see)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous pics guys :) glad you had fun.

Lara said...

I got my picture taken next to the Flintstones sign too. I had been there some 30 years prior and wanted the same photo (before/After!)

Anonymous said...

I could go through the roadmap of how I happened upon this site, but it would take waaaay too long.
You guys are awesome! The faithfulness, integrity and honesty that you have laid out for people to witness is incredible. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt journey. I pray that you soon hear the words you're waiting for! On a side note - I'm a currently abstaining wine FREAK - though I don't have my own vineyard...
It was nice to see you at the parade and would be wonderful to catch up sometime!

BB said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!

Loved the pictures of your trip. Very fun!