Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, November 26, 2007

First Trimester

We hope that you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Today I came to a realization... Right now, I feel like Dave and I are in that first trimester when you don't announce to people that you are pregant for fear of losing the baby through miscarriage. We are in a waiting period where we haven't let ourselves get super excited for the end product - our child/ren. It's like we're afraid we will "lose the baby" by not getting approved by the Philippines. So I guess you could say that we are officially "expecting", but that we are in the first trimester.

Another revelation that I had this weekend was the fact that Dave and I are becoming more of a "family unit". While hanging out with my family for Thanksgiving and Carlblom Christmas, I came to the realization that as family dynamics change, I have to find different ways to relate to my family. I feel like I don't fit in the same way as I used to, and need to find new ways to do this. However, I feel like I fit in perfectly with Dave - as things change we discover together how to adapt and grow. Dave is my family, and he's a great family to have!! I know, it's taken 5 years to truly feel like this, but it is a really good feeling.

I was really hoping that we would receive our approval by Thanksgiving. I even had a very realistic dream that we received our approval through e-mail. Wishful thinking I guess... Please keep on praying that we receive approval from the Philippines soon (so that we can move into the second trimester!!).

(courtesy of Yahoo.com)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats such a cool way of putting it :) I'm impressed..you're almost as wise as your neighbor :) Ok maybe more wise!

Love,
your blog's biggest fan

Anonymous said...

Well maybe...just maybe you will get your answer for x-mas and then they can be your christmas miracle! Patients is a huge part of being parents! When your child/children you guys should be able to take on anything after all the waiting you've been through! I can't wait until you get the good news! You know you will its just the when part! After reading your and Dave's page and I can't think of anyone more deserving! Hope you have a great Holiday season!

Rachel said...

Hey Jessica,
Thanks for your comment. I definitely feel the wait is preparing us for parenting! It was fun to read your comment the same day that we got the approval. What a fun day!!

Blog's biggest fan,
Thanks, my neighbor is pretty wise, though :)