Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pity party

So today I threw myself a little pity party.
Ever since Sunday I'd been despairing more and more about not getting our approval from the Philippines. Today it turned into a full-fledged pity party with the works - tears, "its not fair" thoughts, and fearful thoughts of what is going on with our dossier... I kept worrying that our dossier was lost out there somewhere between the U.S. and the Philippines.


Then God did His thing and I received an e-mail from a gal in my Philippines adoption group on Yahoo. She said some things that were so detailed in what I needed to hear that I knew it was God speaking through her. She reassured me that my feelings are valid, and she is in the same place we are right now so she gets what I'm feeling. I can't even fully describe what it was she said to me, but all I know is that when I finished reading her e-mail, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my chest. The pity party was over.


I am attempting to appear to be a laid back person who has complete faith that this is all in God's hands, and His timing. I don't feel like that on the inside sometimes, and Dave tells me that I'm not really a laid back person :) My friend encouraged me to contact our adoption agency, and so I did. Karin e-mailed me back and let me know that I wasn't crazy, and that our dossier was received by ICAB (in the Philippines) on August 22. It makes me feel better knowing where our dossier is.


So still no news... and if you ever ask us "Any news?" and we answer with a grimace, just know that we are struggling with these feelings at times. And please continue praying, we can use all the shout-outs to God on our behalf that we can get right now.

Gus and his girlfriend, Porter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel,
Okay, I know I am supposed to be working on my website, but after I wrote you, I realized that I had not yet checked out your blog...so here I am. I was so happy to hear again how God relieved your heaviness by working through me. :) It is so cool how He does that! Great blog by the way!
~Robin

Anonymous said...

Wow, gus's girlfriend is pretty hot.

Anonymous said...

I hear gus had a makeover. So when's the big reveal?