Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wise friends are good friends

Last night we were hanging out with our good friends, Aaron and Nikki. I told them that on Monday (October 22nd) it will be 2 months since ICAB (in the Philippines) has received our dossier. I was feeling down about the wait time, then Nikki said something that has stuck with me since then. She told me that she considers it two months closer toward getting our children. I have been so caught up in thinking that we've lost so much time in waiting, that I forgot to focus on the fact that every day and every minute brings us that much closer to being with our kids.

Ever since Nikki said that, I've been looking at things a little differently. I'm not feeling sorry for myself (as much) for having to wait, but instead I'm getting more and more excited about preparing. I can't wait to start shopping - I won't know exactly what I'm looking for since I don't know what age/gender/size our child/ren will be, but I can start looking and dreaming. I haven't let myself even think about preparing yet, because I consider being approved as "officially waiting".

So those are my (short) thoughts for now. I have a lot more running through my head so I'll post more about that later. Please pray that we hear our approval very soon. Thank you!!


Wise (and lovely) Nikki with baby Sam (lookin' so dapper)



Gus showing off his new haircut

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow she sounds really super wise. What a great friend to have. wow.

Anonymous said...

You are surrounded with wise and caring people. It is hard to just wait and see what happens. I wish that I had some great words of wisdom. Instead,I will leave it to the wisest for the words!

Read:

Romans 5:3-5
Jeremiah 29:11-12
Isaiah 26: 3-4
Hebrews 10:35-36
These help me with feeling, worried, impatient, and unheard.