Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Owie

So I'm set to do a walk/run 5k on Friday morning. I'm looking forward to checking out what a 5k is all about so I'll be ready for the real run in September. But then I went and did something stupid tonight - I went on a walk in flip flops. My shins are killing me now, and I'm kind of nervous that they are going to really hurt on Friday. If that's the case, I'll need a wheelchair to get to the parade. Dave the Kind Husband is getting me some frozen veggies to ice my legs now :) He's so nice. At least we had a grand old time on the walk, though. We went with our neighbor BFFs to get coffee, and the store was closed. So we went to the ice cream shop, and the store was closed. So we called our awesome friends from church - Jane and Larry - and stopped by their house to chat with them and get our fill of hugs. I love our town and our neighbors and our friends. So I guess it's a good thing I locked in to a refinance today...

2 comments:

Nikki said...

sorry :(

Jenny said...

Have fun with your 5k today. You will love the atmosphere of the race as everyone is there for different reasons and most are there just to have some fun, support the fundraising cause and get a little exercies. You will probably be addicted to them after today. Happy 4th of July!