Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Best Husband Ever Award

Dave wins the Best Husband Ever Award - hands down. Today he called me to tell me he was making a surprise supper. I was in a bit of a crabby mood so instead of being thrilled, I asked, "Is it something I am going to like??" He told me that he thought I would like it.

I'm going to preface what I came home to with some feelings I've been having lately. A few of the ladies I have "met" online who are adopting are doing their nesting by finding Philippine recipes to make. I thought that was such a cool idea, and was honestly feeling a little jealous because I don't have that urge.

So I walked in the door from work tonight, and Dave was cooking away in the kitchen. I look over at the computer that he has pulled up a recipe on. Dave was making Chicken Adobo with Philippine Fried Rice!!!!! I was floored, and had no idea that this was what he had in mind. I was so psyched, because I've been hearing about this recipe from the Ya.hoo Philippine group I'm in. I was so impressed. We called our good good friends and neighbors, Aaron and Nikki, to come over and try it with us. We dug into the food Dave made, and I have NEVER tasted anything like it!!! I absolutely LOVE Chicken Adobo, and the Fried Rice was delicious too. I think Chicken Adobo is definitely going on a list of food we make frequently.

I took a picture of the food before I dug in:

If you want the recipe, along with other interesting Philippine recipes, head on over to this website.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Rachel,
What a sweet husband you have. This is the first Filipino food that I tried creating too. I added a little brown sugar to the sauce and it really sweetened it up. I love it and I am really picky. In fact, I will probably fix it again in a couple of weeks. I think that I could survive for a week on Chicken Adobo when we travel. I was worried that I would be having to scope out all of the McDonald's and Taco Bell's once we arrived. Ha!

Nikki said...

Chicken Adobo is part of my new diet plan. I lost a pound after eating it. I think I will go on Oprah and tell the world about how to lose weight on Filipino food. I also really enjoying saying the word "Adobo" kinda fun. Its snowing here right now Rachie, its coming down pretty good but it just started so I think the roads are probably still ok. I'll keep you posted. I am your own personal traffic reporter/meteorologist.