Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, February 28, 2008

PVD

This week Dave and I decided that we are suffering from something called PVD - Post Vacation Depression. We had an AWESOME time, and we spent more than enough time relaxing in the sunshine. I've never experienced anything like it, but I'm exhausted and lethargic at times. I want nothing more than to eat an entire acre of Chocolate Melting Cakes (a favorite on the cruise), and lay in bed all of the time. I feel like a crazy lady!!! If I can't handle coming home from vacation, I worry a bit about coming home with our child/ren after the adoption. Doc, get some happy pills lined up for me!!

Okay, I promised we'd share more stories and pictures from our vacation, so here are the next few days of our vacation:

Monday morning we woke up to Cozumel, Mexico! We had breakfast in the dining room that morning with some people from Upstate New York, and enjoyed hearing about their previous vacations. We headed out to the shopping district shortly after breakfast. It wasn’t what I expected, it was very touristy (and tourist trappy). We started walking back toward the ship in hopes of finding a beach that we could go to and lay out on. We ended up getting sucked into a schpiel about a vacation package that you had to pay a lot of money for that I didn’t even really fully understand. We were supposed to be able to hang out on their beach for free with free food, drinks and snorkeling for the afternoon just for listening, but they never ended the sales pitch and we ended up walking out of it. With aching feet from our long walk, and growling bellies, we went back to the boat, ate lunch and laid out on the (almost empty) swim deck. I took a nap, and then we headed back into Cozumel for supper and drinks. I found a beautiful bracelet and Dave did a good job bartering and we got a GREAT deal on it!! Cozumel was not our favorite vacation destination, and we were excited to move onto the next adventure.

Dave posing outside of the Cozumel Hard Rock Cafe. It was too early in the morning to go in - sorry Colleen!!

Dave loved the beautiful flowers...

The view of our cruise ship from one of the windows of the resort with the never-ending sales pitch This is the restaurant where we ate supper in Cozumel - they had the best guac EVER!

Me posing with my margarita on the swing at the bar in Margaritaville

Dave and I posing (me with a salesguy grin - weird) outside of our ship at night

A towel animal that was in our room that night - we think it was a puppy??

Tuesday was a sailing day, and Dave and I laid out on the sun decks A LOT that day. I went to the talk about what to do in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, and then laid out on the sun deck a little longer. After lunch I took a looooong nap, and Dave played bingo. After that it was off to supper. We were pretty boring that day. We even stayed in our room after supper and just watched a movie we had brought along with us. It was I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Dumb movie, two thumbs down.

The beautiful sunrise that Dave woke up extra early for The next towel animal - we are pretty sure this one was a bunny

Wednesday morning we woke up to Grand Cayman outside!!!! After eating a romantic breakfast in the dining room (we finally got a table for two and the waiters thought we were honeymooners, we didn’t correct them!!), we got in line for the tenders that would take us to the pier in Grand Cayman. The line was crazy long to get on the tenders, but it ended up going pretty quickly. We got into Grand Cayman, and oh what a difference from Cozumel it was!!! The beaches were tons more beautiful, the people were kind and never pushy, and the architecture was GORGEOUS! Dave and I caught a bus to the Seven-Mile Public Beach, and spent the entire day alternating between lying on the beach and swimming in the crystal clear blue waters of the ocean there. The water was the perfect temperature, and was shallow for a long ways out. You could see the bottom of the ocean no matter how far out you were. I was in HEAVEN. I think Dave got a little bored, but I LOVED going between laying out in the sun on the sand, and floating in the ocean. Oh how I wish we lived on the beach in a warm warm climate. I would totally be a surfer girl.

We took a tender back to the boat, and once back in our room I realized I made a huge mistake that day. I forgot to put sunscreen on my arms. I remembered to put it everywhere else except for my arms. I was fried, and with some very weird-looking sunburn lines because of where Dave had put sunscreen on my shoulders. Oh well, I guess that is the price I pay for forgetting to put on sunscreen on that gorgeous day. We ate supper that evening, and then watched part of Harry Potter under the stars. There was a lunar eclipse that night, so we enjoyed lying on the boat deck while watching the eclipse. Later that night we watched a juggling act and a comedy show, then hit the sack.

Dave and I on the tender to get to Grand Cayman

Dave and I on the beach in Grand Cayman (aka Paradise)

Dave waving to me from the ocean On the tender back to the cruise ship

A pirate ship that we saw on the way back, this was one of the excursions we could have taken (we had to take this one for our nephew, Kyle)

The towel snake that greeted us that night in our room

Harry Potter on the big screen. This is the Lido Deck on this boat (the slide on the left-side was tons of fun!)

Our failed attempt at taking a picture of the lunar eclipse

2 comments:

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm so glad you had a great vacation. Just think next trip, pick up your child/children!!

katd said...

These pictures are so beautiful! And the one of you on the swing with a margarita - is there anything better? No way:)