Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Random thoughts

I always seem to forget to pull my camera out to take pictures of fun/special events in our life. I always keep it in my purse, but even that isn't good enough to help me remember!

Anyway, I got together last night with a couple friends from high school - Jonny and Luke (aka Luuky) . I only get to see Luke once every couple of years, since he lives out in Portland, OR. I had lots of fun catching up with them, even if we didn't get to spend tons of time together. Today I'm wishing I had taken a picture since we don't get together often. Luke and I got somewhat caught up on what is going on in each other's lives last night. I was able to tell him about the adoption and he was very excited for us. I think that is one of my favorite things - being able to tell someone who I haven't seen in a while that we are adopting. Even better is when they also get excited about the adoption!!

I don't even know who our kids are yet, how many we will have by the time we are done, or any of that stuff. But what I do know is that I already feel like a mama. There are things I am definitely nervous about in becoming a mom, but I know that everyone experiences some kind of anxiety about what kind of parent they will be. The excitement in all of this far outweighs the nervousness. I know God's got an awesome plan for our family, and I just have to wait on Him to see what it is.

Well, Dave and I are pretty sure that we are going to take some extra time during the adoption trip to take a vacation in the Philippines before we pick up our children. We got some ideas from our good friends, Andy and Tyler, and are going to get other ideas from Rachel's cousin, Calah, on where to go. These peeps have all lived in the Philippines at some point, so they are definitely the people to go to for these plans. I'm really hoping that our adoption trip to the Philippines falls during part of the cold months next winter - the weather there is so beautiful!! Now I will leave you with a picture of the beauty of the Philippines (I know I'm dreaming of warmer weather!!)...

(photo courtesy of jedschannel.blogspot.com)

No comments: