Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Goa-oa-oa-oal! Goa-oa-oa-oal! Goa-oa-oa-oa-oal!




Okay, maybe only Jon and Suze will know how to sing the title of my post, as well as anyone else who has been to a Minnesota Wild hockey game. We had so much fun watching the Wild win their game last night against the New York Islanders!!! The Wild won the game in overtime which made it so exciting!! I had never been to an NHL game, so we had a blast. Dave was loud and proud, and kept starting the clapping or booing with the people around us. He's always the loud clapper in church, so I guess this didn't surprise me much!

It was an extremely cold walk (I thought my eyebrows fell off at one point), but Suze and I ordered Peppermint Patties before we had to walk over to the game, so that kept us warm on our walk :) And it wasn't as warm in the Xcel Center as I thought it would be, but it was still a great reprieve from being outside!! I don't watch hockey on tv, but I would definitely go to a game again. There was so much to see and the game was great.

So now I am excited to go watch a Saints baseball game with Jon and Suze this summer in the open air baseball field. Ah, sitting in the sun, having a beer, cheering loudly outside and getting a little sunburn. I can't wait for those days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya! I'm so glad you guys had fun the other night. I'm not a big fan of hockey when it's on TV, but I LOVE going to the games. I feel like a true Minnesotan going to a hockey game when it's below zero.

Love the pics you posted!