Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas pageants, sledding and good times

Our weekend was fun. We had a good mix of being busy with friends, finishing shopping, attending Christmasey things and relaxing. Friday night we babysat our former pastor's kids. They are 4 of the funniest and nicest kids I have ever met, and we always have a good time with them. We brought them over to our house, and they helped us finish decorating our house for Christmas and played with Gus. A good time was had by all. They give us lots of good advice on how to discipline our kids, and actually have some good ideas (usually on things they've experienced or been punished for in the past).
My favorite quote of the night was something I heard in passing. Do you know those Staples commercials where someone pushes an "Easy" button, and whatever they are doing is made simple? Well, one of the kids said, "Let's just get one of those Easy buttons that you can put in any room of your house!" And they were serious.

On Saturday we got to go sledding with some friends from my old work. We had a great time, and I have the bruises to prove it! I don't know why, but I bruise very easily, and usually don't know where I got my bruises from. We had fun playing games after it got dark and eating way too many sweets.

Sunday morning was the children's Christmas service at our church. I got SUCH a kick out of the kids up on the stage. There was the obligatory little girls lifting their dresses or shirts over their heads, one little girl laying down on the stage and rolling around, other kids trying to walk into the center of the production to steal the show, etc... But my favorite moment came when the girl who had the wireless mic on was backstage, and suddenly whispered loudly to her friends, "I have GOT to get these boots off, they're..." and she trailed off as she or the sound guys realized that she was being broadcast over the speakers.

Our good friends, Aaron and Nikki were sitting by us and leaned over to say, "We can't wait until next year or the year after when your kids are up there too!! That made me excited to think about :) My favorite part is that our kids have the potential to be the same age as their Sam, so they could be the best of friends!! I can just picture Sam and our kids holding hands up on the stage being as cute as can be. I know that day will come faster than I can imagine.

We also got to meet another couple while we were at Aaron's school concert (he's the band/choir teacher) last night who adopted 4 times from Korea. Nikki wanted to introduce us, and all of a sudden said, "Wait, is this one of those 'what not to say' things... To want you to meet other people who have adopted?" No way, we LOVE meeting other people who have adopted to hear their stories and wisdom. Introduce us to these people ANYtime!! We had so much fun listening to their stories and advice. We are excited to integrate the Philippine culture into our lives, and celebrate our children's "homecoming" (or some people call it "gotcha day") anniversaries!

Sorry I have no pictures to post today. Dave thinks I have an unnatural addiction to posting pictures on our blog.

No comments: