Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More sad news

This morning around 1 am, my dad's uncle, Duane passed away. He'd been battling cancer and in the past few days was in a coma. Please be in prayer for his wife, Helen, and their family. One interesting story that came out of this was that shortly before he died, Duane came out of the coma with a big smile on his face. He looked around and asked for his brothers Elmer, Mervin and Glen (my grandpa). Elmer and Mervin have passed away, so his son said, "No Dad, you are still here with us". Duane said, "Oh". Then he went back to sleep and died shortly thereafter. How great that we know he is greeting heaven with a smile knowing that he'll be reunited with his brothers who have gone on before him!! My grandpa wasn't sure why he asked for him. He just said, "He must have forgotten that I haven't died yet!"

So now both of my parents have lost uncles in the past 4 days. I have been very blessed to have not had very much loss or death in my life. My grandpa Don died 12 years ago, but otherwise the rest of my grandparents are living. It starts to hit home when people who are younger than my grandparents are passing away. I'll admit it scares me to think of having to deal with their loss someday, but the bright side to that is that I know where my grandparents are spending eternity.

I have 2 other great uncles (one on my mom's side, and one on my dad's side) who are not doing well health-wise. Please be in prayer for all of these families.

No comments: