Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, December 10, 2007

Simply Christmas

Sorry, Anonymous (aka N.T.P.) for not posting about yesterday's play sooner!!

So yesterday was our church play that Dave and I were a part of. Let me tell you - Dave did a PHENOMENAL job!!! He did not miss any cues or lines, and hit everything dead on. He and Aaron did an awesome job portraying "working class/blue-collar" angels. They were the comic relief in a beautifully choreographed service focused on the basics of Christmas - Jesus' birth. Our good friend, Nikki, was the mastermind behind the service, so a huge WOOT WOOT to Nik. She brought the music, arts, drama together so beautifully. My (tiny) part went well too, even though my Mary veil fell sideways during the second service - I just continued on with my serene smiling at baby Jesus :)

This weekend we also got to make Christmas cookies with my parents. They came up on Saturday for a sleepover, then came to the play at our church. We made all kinds of Christmas cookies Saturday, so for the next few weeks if you are at our house you will be required to partake in the snacking of said cookies!

After the play yesterday, we went out for lunch with Dave's family, my family and Nikki, Aaron, Sam and Nikki's mom, Dianne. We had so much fun laughing and feeling the relief of being done with the stress of the play! After lunch, we headed out to a birthday party for our nephew, Eric. He turned the big 3 today - happy birthday, Eric!!

I also had fun basking in the congratulations of our "pregnancy" yesterday. Nik told me that our good friend, Jane (who was the painter of the beautiful star in the play yesterday) said to her, "Someone go tell Rachel she shouldn't be lifting - she's expecting!" Then she remembered that we are expecting, but I'm not physically pregnant - I'm pregnant in my heart :) I've had lots of comments from my girlfriends that I should start taking advantage of the "pregnancy" and make Dave lift things for me, eat pickles, drink root beer and nap as much as possible. I think those are all great ideas!! I just may have to take them all up on it.

Here are pictures from this weekend's festivities:

Alvin the Angel and Mary, the mother of Jesus



Harold and Alvin (aka Aaron and Dave) as blue-collar angels on their cloud (they are snow-throwing angels)

Joseph and Mary (aka Aaron K. and Rachel)


No comments: