Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, December 14, 2007

Petition

So a gal at work and I decided today that we are going to start a petition to send to Mother Nature. We've decided that maybe if we get enough signatures, we can get spring here by January. What do you think?? Who's in?

Okay, so maybe that won't work. But I'm already tired of cold weather, static-y hair, electric shocks when I enter or exit any room, vehicle or chair. I have to agree with Maddie, our 4-year old niece, when she told my sister this morning that she's "tired of having to put this jacket on every time I go outside". I second that, Maddie!! I wish I could just do what Grace (her little sister) does when she has to go outside - throw a temper tantrum until some grown up picks me up and keeps me warm. If anyone has an inkling to send us on a warm weather destination vacation this winter, we wouldn't say no to that kind of generosity :)

So how is Christmas shopping going for everyone? We are nearly done, and hoping to finish up a little more over our lunch break today. After last week's Christmas drama at church, I'm finding myself focusing on what Christmas is really about. The simplicity of the Jesus' birth is something that blows my mind, when you imagine the different ways He could have been introduced to the world. I wish you all could have seen the play last weekend. It did a great job of portraying this.

Darn Christmas cookies, though. I am feeling gross today because people at work have too many goodies that jump out at me whenever I turn a corner. So tonight I HAVE to work out after we get home - no ifs, ands or buts about it!! Someone lock me in a glass case with no goodies for a while, okay?

No comments: