Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I hate winter

I get a point every winter where I just want to hibernate until March, or better yet April. Today I got to that point. I'm so tired of winter. Tired of static-y hair. Tired of wearing jackets and socks every day. Tired of forgetting my scarf and/or mittens, then paying for it when I walk outside. Tired of not having a tunnel to get to my car from my office. However, I have to count my blessings as well. Blessed to have a hubby who starts the car and picks me up at the back door of the office building when we work together. Blessed to have neighbors who live 25 steps away from our house and cook delicious winter meals for us. Blessed to have a garage. Blessed to have heat in my house AND an indoor job with my own special heater. Blessed to be able to wear layers upon layers of clothes.

Just wanted you all to have a taste of how cold it is right now (in case you live somewhere warm). Please note the "feels like" temperature. I just checked weather.com again, and the temp just went down by 1 degree, which made the "feels like" temperature go down to -34 degrees. ugh.

No comments: