Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, March 8, 2008

New addiction

So I subscribe to the multiple blogs I read on Google Reader. That way I can keep track of who has new posts and all that good stuff. Every once in a while Google will give me recommendations on other blogs I might like to subscribe to. I came across this blog last week, and have been addicted to it ever since. This family is amazing. They are Nate, Tricia, and Gwyneth Rose. Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis, and is awaiting a double lung transplant. She got pregnant right before she was put on the list, and trusting God's will for their lives, they went ahead with the pregnancy and she gave birth to precious Gwyneth Rose 15+ weeks early. Nate is the husband/dad, and is a worship leader at their church. They are an amazing family with a great outlook on life. I love reading their blog. It helps remind me of the blessings God pours out on us every single day. Click here to read their story. If you think about it, lift them up in prayer and also consider becoming an organ donor!!

I just got back from the baby shower today. It went well, but I forgot to take pictures :( I got to see an old college roommate there who I hadn't seen in years, so it was fun to catch up with her! One thing that cracks me up about the adoption is when people think that I'll forget to announce (to the world) when we get our referral. I assured my friend not to worry, I would probably send out a mass worldwide e-mail when we receive our referral. In fact that will probably be the only thing I can focus on after it happens. I'll be walking around with an even bigger perma-grin on my face than when we got our approval... I can't wait :)