Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wrastling

You may remember our good friends, Jon and Suze, from this post. Last night they treated us to another new experience. PRO WRESTLING. Jon has been a wrestling fan since I've known him. In fact, one of his first memories of me is from our sixth grade talent show. I told blonde jokes as my talent (I'm still embarassed about it to this day). Jon and a few of his friends put on a pro-wrestling show for the sixth grade class. He said he remembered looking up into the crowd and seeing me with my eyes and mouth wide open giggling and pointing at them. I thought wrestling was scandalous back in the day. I'm sure I looked a little something like this...

Last night we went over to First Ave in Minneapolis for First Wrestling. Jon knows every single one of these wrestlers and their histories, and it was hilarious listening to Jon tell us the background and then yell at the wrestlers. One of Jon's favorites - Jerry Lynn wrestled against Al Snow. There were many other matches going on as well though. We got to see wrestlers like The Prophet (he hates Jon and they yell at each other during every match), Allison Wonderland, Pete Huge, etc. It was hilarious. There were ALL kinds of people there. Suze and I enjoyed people watching. I got stared down by a man with different colored eyes for sitting in his spot on the half-wall, so I huddled a little closer to Dave. ALL kinds of people. Thanks for another fun adventure, Jon and Suze!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly how you looked!!!!