Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Digiscrapping

I'm ready to start my next adventure! I had mentioned to my sister that I was pretty overwhelmed at Lifebook day, and that I thought I might like online scrapbooking better. She mentioned that she has a friend who does all of her scrapbooks digitally, and we should talk sometime so she can give me some starting pointers. Well she e-mailed me last night, and I was amazed at how much information she had to share with me!! It doesn't feel so overwhelming anymore after seeing that nearly everything can be done on a computer (yay! I'm a computer nerd), and that you can get TONS of stuff for free. She even gave me links to several different sites dedicated to digiscrapping and free stuff. Woot!


Now I just have to get the Ado.be Photo.shop trial downloaded onto my computer to see if I can actually do some digiscrapping and I'll be set!! I'm thinking I'll start it this weekend because Dave's busy season starts up again (he's a landscaper/gardener). He gets to build planting beds for my brother's mother-in-law this weekend, and Dave's brother has come on board this season, so he's excited that he gets to work with his brother quite a bit. I posted a picture below of what Dave's Christmas pots look like that he makes for people. He's so good! I'll try to post pictures of the work Dave's done in the past and the work they will do this summer. I'm sure some of you garden enthusiasts will appreciate it better than his own wifey does :) I'm not much of a gardener. Thankfully I've married Dave!!

I'll share my first attempts with you after I've started it this weekend!

4 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Wow, that is one talented husband you've got!! I absolutely love the Christmas arrangement. I really enjoy gardening as well and would love to have some of your husbands talents. With the digiscrapbooking, do you get a paper copy or is it all on computer? I really enjoy scrapbooking as well but I need something on paper that I can take around with me. Have a great day!!
Renee

Anonymous said...

THAT is BEAUTIFUL! I think that I will have a couple of orders for those next christmas season! He is really talented! You both will have many talents to share with your children. :) Cassie

Rachel said...

Renee - I e-mailed you about the digital scrapbooking, so hopefully that helps!! I agree, I would need something to print out and show people.

Thanks ladies about the compliments for Dave. I'm blessed to have such a talented guy! I think our kids will love playing in the garden with him :)

Cheryl said...

How is the new scrapping going! I'm excited to see people continually finding this great hobby!

I've tutorials and videos that can help you.

http://www.hummiesworld.com