Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I shake my fist at you, snow

Yesterday when I got in the car to go to work, I noticed that there were some snowflakes mixed in with the rain. Ugh. It was super cold yesterday, and by nighttime it was actually all-out snowing. This morning I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground, and Dave freaking out because he had planted some spring pots for some of his clients last week. There is no way the pansies he planted could endure this. It's a good thing pansies aren't super expensive since we'll have to replace those for our customers. It's funny because he wanted to wait until this next week to pot these spring pots, but his clients didn't want empty pots. It's all good though. Hopefully this will be the last snow!!

You can imagine that I'm grumpy today with the cold and snow. I can't even bring myself to take a picture of the darn weather right now. I mean, come on. It's April 26!! It's almost May. It's not supposed to do this!! One highlight is that we got a new deck door installed 4 weeks ago and there is no more breeze coming through our living room on cold cold days!! Now we just need to replace our basement windows. As I type this I'm sitting on the couch right under the basement windows, and I can feel a breeze. Sad.

Well I'm off to go bridesmaid's dress shopping with Suze!! Yay! I am so excited for their wedding, and looking forward to seeing what dress all of the bridesmaids decide on today. Then tomorrow we are vegging out with Jon and Suze while watching a Freaks and Geeks marathon at their house. It should be a good time :)

2 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Rachel,
I know exactly how you feel! I awoke this morning to a white lawn as well. We also had snow overnight. I took Sid for a walk this morning and had to put on all my winter clothes because it was freezing outside. Don't you just love it! Good luck with finding a bridesmaids dress.

Julie said...

Pansies will survive since it didn't get in the twenties!!
Love,
Mom