Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

Street Chicken

The baddest chicken this side of the Mississippi... hee hee, just kidding, Street Chicken is the newest Philippine food we made and ate. My friend Colleen gave us a Philippine receipe book (thanks Colleen!!), and we made the Street Chicken, the Peanut Chips, fried rice, and Banana Fritters. Pretty much everything was deep-fried - not the healthiest, but definitely an awesome meal! We brought it all over to Dave's brother's house and ate all of these goodies with them.


I would describe the Street Chicken as KFC (Philippine-style). Yum! I was supposed to use rice flour to make the Peanut Chips (like potato chips, but made with peanuts, garlic, coconut milk, and other deliciousness), and the Banana Fritters (bananas covered in a batter made of coconut milk, ginger, and other good stuff). However, I didn't have rice flour, so I made it with whole-wheat flour instead. Um... I think next time I'll go find rice flour. It will make the food much better!

3 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Wow Rachel, does that ever look good! I'm just contemplating what to get for supper and that looks awfully delicious, although I have none of the ingredients so I'll probably have Kraft Dinner instead!

Anonymous said...

I love food posts. Is street chicken supposed to be like street food? i love street food in the philippines--fried street food, fruit street food (fresh green mangoes and spicy salt), fried & fruit street food (like the banana fritter you made). i love 'em all!!

Rachel said...

Renee - I'll post the recipe so you can try it! I hope your Kraft dinner was just as good :)

Emilie - You make me so excited to get over to the Philippines to try all of that yummy food!! I can't wait!