Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Funny story

On our way home from work today, Dave and I stopped by the grocery store to grab some "good chicken" (Dave is a bit of a chicken snob lately). Since our drive home is so incredibly long (nearly 1.5 hours one way), I had to head to the ladies' room when we got there. I know I only live like 1.5 blocks from the grocery store, but I seriously had to go. Anyway, as I enter the bathroom I see a woman (maybe a nanny?) standing outside of one of the stalls with a small child talking to her from inside the stall. Here was how that conversation went...

Kid: And I locked the door ALL BY MYSELF, neat huh?
Woman: Mmm.. uh huh.
Kid: And I DIDN'T TOUCH the water...... Did you know that I touched the water once when I was 2? But I DIDN'T touch the poop. That would be dangerous!
Woman (obviously not listening): Okay.

Good thing I was already in the stall because I probably would have peed my pants I was laughing so hard (but trying to be quiet) when I heard this!! The kid proceeded to ask the woman why in the world people wash their hands with anything BUT cold water. Then he annoyed her greatly when he tried using the hand dryer instead of the paper towel she had pulled for him. I got such a kick out of my first trip to the grocery store bathroom :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That's so funny cause Aaron touched the water when he was two too....And he was at county market this afternoon....hmm.

Anonymous said...

That is just too funny! Everytime we change Ben's poopy diaper the kids say "EEEWWWW!" So now Ben does it too...even if they aren't around. It's so funny. Maybe that will keep him out of the toilet later on~