Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yay for warm weather!!

Today the weather here is beautiful!! Here are the things I love about spring:


-Not having to bundle up when I go outside
-Walking around the house barefoot
-Being able to put on shoes without socks to go somewhere
-Seeing the buds pop on the trees (I have yet to see that this year)
-Being willing to take Gus outside (when it's unbearably cold Dave is delegated to that duty)
-Keeping the deck door open so Gus can go in and out whenever he wants (and no mosquitos until summer!)
-Turning the heat off (although we're wusses and don't turn ours off until later in the spring)
-Hearing about all the plants Dave is getting in for his landscaping clients, and watching his new greenhouse go up
-Seeing my neighbors again (and their dogs)
-Barbecuing in our driveway
-Driving with my window open and a good song on the radio
-And last, but certainly not least, I LOVE seeing the tulips and daylilies popping up out of the ground (although I have yet to see them this spring!)


What a difference 4 days makes!! On Monday we got 6+ inches of snow, and by Thursday it was melted and nearly 60 degrees...



2 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Rachel,
I am so jealous of your good weather. It is freezing cold here and windy and of course there's lots of snow (around 5 feet or more!!) We're supposed to have a long, cold April so I hope you are enjoying your tropical weather!!

Nicole said...

OH my gosh, how funny, I was just blogging about spring yesterday!! Thanks for reminding me again about all the things I love :) I love the before and after pics!