Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gus update

Just when I thought Gus was getting better (he was walking partway up the stairs before yelping for us to pick him up), he got super excited to see my mom yesterday, tried to jump up, slipped and fell down on the linoleum and reinjured himself. Crazy dog - we still can't tell where he is injured because he wags his tail and smiles at us the whole time we are feeling around for any injury. He just gets too excited sometimes. So he spent the evening limping around, even worse than before. He can still make it down the stairs just fine, but can't make it back up them at all. I'm still refusing to take him to the vet because he's eating, drinking and taking care of business outside. He has had superheroesque powers of healing in the past (especially with his snip snip surgery), so I'm just hoping that he'll heal quickly again this time. Dave made me promise that if he's not better by next Monday we will take him in. Here is a pic of him in his favorite chair that he is way too big for...

4 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Tell Gus to take it easy but I know that if he is anything like Sid, he won't listen. We hope that Gus is feeling better soon!

Nikki said...

Oh Gus! He has such good intentions but he just can't do anything right sometimes. If you think he needs some cuddling to make him better give me a call and I'll be right over. He's my guy.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Gus, but hate that he re-injured himself! I hope he feels better real soon!!

Rachel said...

Gus thanks you all for the well wishes. Today he seems to be feeling better. Yay!