Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, May 22, 2008

More funnies

Without even trying to tell a joke, Madelyn (my 4-year old niece) told me a bunch of funnies today. I drove her to daycare today since her little sister, Grace had to stay home with her mama due to a cold/sinus infection (although she is still a crazy lady even when she's sick - she came running out of her room completely naked to greet me this morning).

As we were driving along, she started talking about her friends from daycare. She started running down the list of who gets the most time outs, who is naughty, who is nice, etc. She told me that Grace is nice most of the time, and only naughty sometimes. I asked her if Grace has to go into time out when she is naughty and she said yes. Then I asked her if she ever had to sit in time out. She told me, "Well I am very good ALL of the time, so I only have to go into time out sometimes, but less than Grace because I am older than her."

She then told me about her friend, Elise (who she talks about regularly). Today Madelyn told me that Elise is "pretty bossy", and sometimes she puts Madelyn in time outs, but that Elise is "a whole year younger" than Madelyn, so sometimes she breaks out of Elise's time outs.

Lastly we were talking about a little baby at daycare who has her ears pierced. Madelyn informed me that she is too big to have her ears pierced right now. I asked her if she would get her ears pierced when she was older and she said, "Yes, maybe when I am 75. Wait no, maybe when I am 100". Then she told me that mommies and grandmas can be 100 years old, and that she thinks her Grandma Pam is "ninety-one-six years old".

I'm glad I had some funny times today, because the rest of the day stunk. We dealt with a customer who bounced their check to us, which then made us scramble to call all of our vendors asking if they could hold off on cashing their checks from us until we get it straightened out - they were all super understanding about it. Sometimes I wonder why in the world Dave and I decided to start our own business. But these kinds of days only happen once in a great while, and I'm extremely proud of Dave's hard work, and beautiful gardening and landscaping skillz.


Madelyn watering the garden

1 comment:

Renee and Brian said...

Rachel, kids really do say the funniest things. These stories reminded of when I was seeing one of my patients (a 5 yr old boy) at work a few years ago. I'm his Physical therapist, so when he comes to see me, it's lots of hard work. One day as we were starting his therapy, he told me that he was sad as his dog had just died. Being a dog lover, I felt so bad for him and told him that I wouldn't make him do as much work that day. When I called his mom at home to tell her why I didn't make him do too much work (he would come to therapy on a Rehab van by himself), she told me that they did NOT even have a dog!! Patrick made this story up so that he could get out of doing his therapy. You gotta love it! Just imagine, being able to lie that well at the age of 5!