Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cars are dumb

Early last week as Dave and I were driving our brown car home, we saw the Service Engine Soon light come on. We got home just fine and decided that we would bring the car in as soon as we got a chance to the dealership here in Waconia.

Then last night I went to start the car to move it over in the garage b/c it was crowding our white car, and bugging me. As I started turning the car on, it made a funny noise and wouldn't start. Our neighbor Bob (we live in a twinhome townhouse) kept poking his head in to say hello, I think he wanted to help me, but I just said, "Hey Bob!" and walked back in the house. I wanted Dave to get the first chance at fixing it :)

Dave got home, and Bob must have had his Dave-dar on, because he came over before Dave even got out of his truck. I had already checked the oil and had the hood up, so they went to work checking everything else. In the past few weeks, we had noticed some hesitation when shifting into 1st and 2nd gear, but it would go away once we got going down the road. Bob and Dave are predicting that we will need a new fuel pump or something like that. Bob was kind enough to call his brother-in-law to see if he'd come take a look at it after work tonight. We seriously have the most helpful neighbors (and the coolest ones who live across the road!!). Luckily this car is a stick shift, so if we need to tow it to the dealership, it will be easy enough with a tow rope, plus the dealership is only 1/2 mile away.

The frustrating part of this whole ordeal? We just spent $650 last Friday on our white car because it felt like the tires were about to come off of the car as we were curving right going 70 mph. The "fix" didn't totally work, as the car still feels a little wobbly. As you might remember from this post, we're already feeling quite a pinch money-wise. I'm not really sure what lesson God has to teach us through all of this. We've really been doing a better job of finding good deals (even on our home improvements), and the bills somehow are always paid. I guess God just wants to ensure that we HAVE to rely on Him for our needs.

1 comment:

Tasha Kent said...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Check out my newest post.