Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hee hee

So Madelyn (my 4-year old niece) is suddenly big into telling jokes. I LOVE 4-year old humor. Here are some examples:

Why can't you stand on a tree?
Because you CAN'T!!!

Why did the tree cross the bridge?
Because the bridge crossed the lake!!

Why can't you stand on a car?
Because the pole is on the pillow!

I'll admit, I'm a bit perplexed about the last joke. Madelyn asks Carissa after every one, "Mom, is that one a joke?" And Carissa answers, "Well I'm laughing, so I guess it must be!" Grace (her 2-year old sister) is suddenly talking to people that aren't really there. She'll turn her head away from (visible) people and say, "Huh?? What you say??" That also makes me laugh, so I guess it's Grace's idea of a joke.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Good heaven's you read a lot of blogs!

Anonymous said...

I love little kid humor. Emily is famous ( in our family) for two jokes:
Joke 1:
Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Big Buck
Big Buck who?
Big Buck hangin on the wall

Joke 2:
Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Apple Juice
Apple Juice Who?
Apple Juice Poop!

I admit that we laugh at these each time that she says them. She made both of them up on a trip to Home Depot that was taking way too long for a three year old. They still tickle our funny bones! :)
Cassie

Isaac said...

How do you catch a unique animal?

You-neek up on it!

Jenny said...

Jaidyn (3) loves to tell knock knock jokes. A couple of months ago she and I got on the internet and looked up actual knock knock jokes that she could tell people as most of hers were made up. The funniest part about them is her laugh.

Our youngest has started following her sister's lead and tries to tell knock knock jokes except she never gets past "knock knock" and just keeps repeating herself. We finally have to tell her that nobody is home. :)

My mom is a retired kindergarten teacher and she said her favorite show and tell of the year was when each kid would tell a joke. They would crack themselves up so easily. Kids are so funny!