Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, June 30, 2008

9 months down...

So it is the 30th once again, and we celebrate another month behind us in this crazy little waiting game. Maybe it's just because I am tired from a long weekend of hard work, but the number 9 just looks so tiny, and it makes me feel sad today. When I see numbers like 17 and still no referral, it's hard to imagine that our referral is out there somewhere. Sorry, this is supposed to be a celebratory post, but this week has been a tough week for waiting.

It all started last Saturday (not this past one but the one before). I babysat my nieces, and when I was driving home afterward, I just started feeling down. I got home and was trying to study, but started reading blogs. I clicked on my friend Renee's blog, and heard the most beautiful song. If you click on the link over Renee's name you can hear the song. I had heard it before, but never listened to the words. The song is "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks. There is one line that says, "You can close your eyes when you're miles away And hear my voice like a serenade", then the chorus is, "How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough, is forever enough? How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough? Cause I'm never, never giving you up". I just sat there and cried and cried. I know our time will come, and it will be even better than I could have imagined, and this wait will be a distant memory. But I just felt sad. All week was kind of up and down. I'd be happy and content, and then something would trigger the sadness I feel about waiting for my children. Today the trigger was seeing how small that number 9 looks. One happy thing is that from here on out we'll have only double digits for our monthiversary of waiting.

2 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Rachel,
Try looking at it this way, number 9 is much bigger than 1.5. That's where we are. You explained having many periods of feeling up and down during this wait. I feel the exact same and I have to focus on all the things I can do and enjoy right now, while I am child free. I know that this doesn't always work but it's depressing to just focus on the wait. I hope that you feel better this week and sooner or later you'll get that long awaited for referral!! I'm hoping it will be sooner!

Renee and Jeremy said...

Hello: I have been reading your blog for a while now and thought I should say howdey! I am so very excited for you both as you prepare to bring home your little boy!!! I feel like I know you a little from reading your posts. I actually got an email from a friend of yours-Renee in Newfoundland and she invited me to see her blog. What a great idea- blogging. I was soon amazed to discover the many others adoption bloggers out there and many for the the Philippines. My hubbie and I live in Nova Scotia Canada right next to Newfoundland. We just finished our psy assessment today and hope to get our report next week and send off our dossier to the Philippines!!! I am so excited!
It was so very encouraging to read your posts about your ups and downs and see the Lord giving strenght along the road. He is so faithful to compelte the work that He has begun. We will be praying for you guys as you prepare to brng Eze home.

Please feel free to drop by my new blog at http://philippinesadoptionjourney.blogspot.com/. Take care for now,
Renee- in NS.. smile I am trying to leave a message on the other blog but it does not seem to stick. Sorry if you get a few of the same messages!!