Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More great blogs

Thanks to Google Reader and their great recommendations, I found another great blog. It's called Girl Talk. It's written by 4 women - 1 mother, 2 daughters and 1 daughter-in-law (at least, I think those are the relationships - I just started reading this blog). These are faithful women who have interesting things to say about God, life as a female, stories about their families, faith and sprituality. Their posts are short and sweet (which I love).

A recent post of theirs that I read really hit home for me. I often think about my future, and the different things that could happen. I often wonder if I'll have the strength and grace to get through certain situations that could arise. It tends to get me more worked up and worried about life when I do this, though. Reading this post was eye-opening for me. I get it now - God gives us grace and strength for what we are handling RIGHT NOW. To quote the blog post, "there is no grace for our imagination, but there’s plenty of grace for whatever God has ordained for me to walk through".

Another AWESOME blog, which I found through some of my favorite bloggy people, the Livesays, is called Stuff Christians Like. I love sarcasm (unless people are being mean to me through their sarcasm). I love witty things. These 2 blogs contain both of these charcteristics. I giggle out loud when I read these blogs. The Livesays are missionaries in Haiti (and also the cousin of my super duper friend, Nikki), who have adopted from Haiti as well. They write about their life in Haiti. It includes a whole hodge-podge of different stuff - stories about their hilarious family, stories of their frustration and their great love for Haiti, and good good stuff that makes me think a little deeper about my life.

What are some of your favorite blogs to go visit?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

I really like that Girl Talk blog too. They are the daughters of CJ Mahaney...a former pastor, and he has written some awesome books. Good stuff there.

One of my favorite blogs is howgoodisgod.blogspot.com. I always leave there having learned something.

Take care!

Unknown said...

I love Stuff Christians Like too. rofl every time!