Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, June 2, 2008

Today


When we were choosing what we wanted from my grandparents' house, I also chose a picture that they have had hanging in their den for a long time. I always thought it was a cool picture, it is actually made out of wood veneer, and as you can see it's a picture of a Nordic ship. My dad thinks they got the picture from one of my great aunts or uncles for their "wood" anniversary. You know, like the silver anniversary (25th), or the paper anniversary (1st)? All I know is that they have had this picture for longer than I was alive because I would stare at it as I was falling asleep when I would stay overnight at their house as a little girl!
Today the mail lady, Mary, walked into my office and exclaimed how beautiful the picture was (I get lots of comments - it's definitely different than what everyone else has there!). I told her that I thought I'd have to get a picture to show them were I had put it because I thought they would like to see it. She said, "Not without you in it! Bring your camera next time and I'll take a picture of you with it!" I told her that my camera was in my purse, so she snapped a shot today! Ignore my nastified hair - it's a Monday. I don't do my hair on Mondays :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad G&G moved all their stuff out so I can rent their place if I need it. Woot.

brent said...

Thanks you guys for visiting my blog and throwing your support my way for the weekend...it should be an interesting experience. BTW, that is a nice picture of a Viking ship and you have a cool blog too.