Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yay for Brent!!!

Our brother-in-law, Brent finished his 100-mile race this weekend!!!! We're so proud of this crazy man for accomplishing this amazing feat. He came in 15th place, and you can click here to read about his experience, I was amazed to read through it!!

I've still been keeping up with my workouts and running. Thanks Cherice for the stretching tip - it really helps when I remember to do that stretch!! It's amazing. And Jenny, I had no idea you are a phy-ed teacher!! That cracks me up that you experience some girls who use the same excuses I used :) Nicole is right - it was 15 minutes that I had to run the mile in, and sometimes I still couldn't even do that!! The craziest thing?? Brent AVERAGED a 15-minute mile this weekend during his 100-mile race. Insane.

I took the night off from running last night. My dad and I calculated it, and we're pretty sure we walked over 5 miles at Valleyfair on Monday. Good times :) Maybe that zeroes out the corndog, mini donuts, onion rings and pop I had. Yikes. I have a feeling that's why I was feeling so sick yesterday. My body is wondering why in the heck I'm eating that stuff after eating better for a few months now. Well I'm back on track (as my previous post was titled, maybe I should have titled this one back on track - part 2), and now I'll get back into my running/eating regimen. I'm still on track for running the 5k in mid-September!!

1 comment:

Renee and Brian said...

Well, that's quite an accomplishment for your brother-in-law. I cannot even imagine running for 100 miles, that's amazing. As for eating regimes, this weekend when I woke up at 6:00am, I went to the fridge and grabbed an ice cream sandwich and ate the full thing! Not just that, but I grabbed another one at 6:30! Is that crazy or what! I'm now back on track - for now. Good luck with the running and eating.