Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, June 27, 2008

Better night

Last night in class was better yet. I got my journal article review back, and got top marks for it Woot. Then at break the prof pulled me aside and told me how much she enjoyed reading my review. She said she could tell I liked reading the article and felt passionate about it. The article was about the stay-at-home-parent vs. working parent dilemma. I used to have strong views that it's important for the parent to work outside of the home, and was very against home schooling. My views have changed as we get closer and closer to becoming parents, and I see people/families who do well on both ends of the spectrum. It's not that I feel like I will ever home school my children (maybe Dave has the patience for that?), but I'm not so against to whole stay-at-home parent thing. My last sentence was something like, "As long as the time parents spend with their children is quality time, and they appreciate, love and grow with their children, either decision can be the right one". She really liked that part :)

Anyway, I also had another test in class last night, and got a much better score on this one. Yay! I think it helped that the test was at 8 pm, and not 10 pm like last week. Last week I was closing one eye to try and read the words in the test I was so tired! The other fun part about last night was when a couple of the ladies in class started asking about the adoption, and one of them started jumping up and down and clapping her hands in excitement for us. I feel like doing that all the time, so I appreciated her reaction! I love answering questions about the adoption, and could talk about it all day and all night. I hate overwhelming the people around me with too much adoption talk, so when I meet a new person who is excited I tend to talk about it quite a bit.

This weekend we are heading up to help my brother and sister-in-law get their house ready to put on the market, and pack up their house. They are moving to God's country - Northern Minnesota - in order to be closer to work. Gus will be coming with us, as he idolizes my brother's dog, Roger. It is always fun to watch Gus try to entice Roger in a game of chase or tug-of-war.

2 comments:

Renee and Brian said...

Rachel,
It's great to hear that class was better this week. Congrats on your good marks. See, all that hard work did pay off in the end! I am the same way when I meet someone who is interested in hearing about our adoption, I go on and on and on... When I just checked my Yahoo account and heard someone say that their agency told them a wait of 3 -4 years, I could have cried. I'm am really trying to thinking positively and to be hopeful, but it's just getting harder and harder. Anyways, have a great weekend and don't study too much!

Julie said...

I hear about the stay at home vs working mom debate all the time since I have been a stay at home mom for the past 11 years (I can't believe he is that old already). Thanks for keeping an open mind because that is all that really can be done, everyone just has to do what is best for them. Glad to hear that you had a better night at class.