Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Hilarious Gracie


Okay, so I guess my blogging break hasn't been so much of a break yet. I have one more story to tell, and this one is a goodie (and funny)...
On Wednesday, I drove to my parents' house to pick up Gus (he stays in his cage there while we work), and wait for Dave. As I pulled into the driveway, I was delighted to see my sister and her two girls (Grace -2, Madelyn -4) had pulled in right before me. After getting hugs and kisses from both of the girls, we decided to go jump on the trampoline with my mom (their nana). Once we finished jumping on the trampoline, we went exploring in the neighbor's field. We kept hearing a donkey HEE HAWing down the gravel road from us (the other neighbors have a petting zoo with a donkey, pygmie goats, etc.). All of a sudden the donkey bray got a little louder, and Grace starts screaming and begging Nana to pick her up - "Nana, I hold you! I hold you!" As soon as my mom picked her up Grace says,
"I scared of elephants."

Hee hee. I LOVE her! I told her that it was a donkey, not an elephant. She turned to me super seriously and said, "I scaaaaaared of donkeys" in a deeper voice. So cuuuuuute! So it sounds like we are going to be taking a trip to the neighbors' petting zoo one of these days so Gracie can see that donkeys aren't scary. But Gus will tell you that if you try to play-wrestle with them or the pygmie goats, they will kick your patootie across the pasture :)

1 comment:

Renee and Brian said...

Kids say the cutest things! I have one little 3 year old girl at work who now tells me "get out of my face" everytime I see her. She can't say many words but she has learned those words pretty well! Now this is not so cute but I guess all kids go through that stage as well.
Renee