Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A bit of a break...

I'm currently taking a class to fulfill the remaining 3 credits I need to get my diploma. YES, I walked in graduation nearly 14 months ago with the expectation that I would finish up these remaining credits lickety-split, but then life happened. I could choose any class I wanted to at the college, so I chose Early Childhood Development. It's an education course, but a starter course for the other education courses, so I thought it would be pretty easy to follow, and give me good lessons on raising our kids. What I didn't expect was to have 6 papers due every week, along with 2-3 chapters to read in the textbook each week. I honestly never had this much homework, even in my senior level business classes. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with it all right now.

All that said, I'm going to be writing more sporadically on the blog until the class is over (July 10th - I can't wait for that day to get here!!). And then I'll finally get my diploma. Lots of people take 10 years and 6 different colleges to get their degree, right?

Update: Ugh. I just looked at the calendar again, and because of the July 4th holiday, my class isn't over until July 17th. Looks like I'll be studying on my birthday!

6 comments:

Allison Family said...

Don't feel bad...it took me five years to get my degree and two colleges and since then, I've taken classes at two more colleges...can't quite figure out what I want to be when I grow up! And now I'm stuck taking a course home correspondence-a lot of writing, too. I feel your pain!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I thought that I would just go back to school to get my Masters and it would be no big deal.... RIGHT! I have paper after paper after paper to write and analyze and data to collect. WOW! Not at all what I had expected. I will graduate in December. I just have one class (RESEARCH) to take in the fall. It is all coming together, but not without stress, tears, and frustration! I have learned quite a bit though and I guess that is all that matters!
Hang in there, Chris keeps telling me it will all happen in "baby steps". :) I am thinking about you! Love ya
Cassie

Rachel said...

Cass - I had no idea you were getting your Master's degree!!! Good for you!!!! I can't complain about my papers and research compared to that :) I am excited to hear when you're finished and dancing the happy dance!! Love you too.

Amy said...

I'll miss hearing from you, but you'll feel so relieved to have your degree completely done! One more thing to celebrate!

Renee and Brian said...

Good luck with all the studying and papers. I'm sure that you must be run off your feet but it will all be worth it in the end! When exactly is your birthday anyways?

Nikki said...

I hope class went ok tonight :) We'll celebrate when its all over. I love that we can celebrate ANYTHING. I love excuses to party with you!